• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Oh Dear ! That was clever.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's one up on Cleopatra wearing them as bracelets :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had a small milk snake escape once. A week or so later the bathroom sink blocked and for some reason I decided to use a plunger to clear it instead of chemicals. Good job I did as imagine my surprise when on the 3rd go with the plunger out popped the milk snake, none the worse for his adventure. He'd crossed my bedroom, gone downstairs, across the living room, through the kitchen into the bathroom and all passed 3 cats and a dog.

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
I had a small milk snake escape once. A week or so later the bathroom sink blocked and for some reason I decided to use a plunger to clear it instead of chemicals. Good job I did as imagine my surprise when on the 3rd go with the plunger out popped the milk snake, none the worse for his adventure. He'd crossed my bedroom, gone downstairs, across the living room, through the kitchen into the bathroom and all passed 3 cats and a dog.

Yikes! My dad has been so stressed out the past two days because one of his favorite snakes is loose. I don't know if this story would help or hurt him right now. I feel bad he's so upset with himself. He lives a good 25 minutes away from me otherwise I'd go help him look for him.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yikes! My dad has been so stressed out the past two days because one of his favorite snakes is loose. I don't know if this story would help or hurt him right now. I feel bad he's so upset with himself. He lives a good 25 minutes away from me otherwise I'd go help him look for him.

I'm sure it'll turn up at some point.

On another occasion I had a Corn snake go missing in the spare bedroom. My son arrived home unexpectedly and had to sleep in that room so I warned him about the snake. In the middle of the night it dropped about 5' from the top of the viv stack and landed on his face. I also had a Rat snake missing for 9 months in my kitchen, it turned up in the sink having a drink.

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
I'm sure it'll turn up at some point.

On another occasion I had a Corn snake go missing in the spare bedroom. My son arrived home unexpectedly and had to sleep in that room so I warned him about the snake. In the middle of the night it dropped about 5' from the top of the viv stack and landed on his face. I also had a Rat snake missing for 9 months in my kitchen, it turned up in the sink having a drink.

OMG! HAHAHAHAHA!!

Those are happy endings thankfully. I've had a few snakes get loose, once when I lived at home with my dad a baby milk snake was loose or a week but we found him all covered in dust cruising along the baseboard heater in the kitchen, I've had a few escapee corn snakes and ball pythons here at my house, found them every time except once when my cat came and brought a dead baby corn snake as a present, it was awful but I obviously didn't hold it against him. Another time I had a baby king lose and my old roommate found him just in time with three cats surrounding him in the corner of the kitchen.