• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Oddities/Rarities

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A thread for posting pics of any spiders you have that are fairly uncommon in the hobby or are a bit odd.

Here is a few for starters -

Homoeomma uruguayense
DSCF4441.jpg

Ami yupanquii
100_3836.jpg

Chilobrachys sp. aladdin
DSCF2233.jpg

Orphnaecus sp. Philippines
DSCF0018-6.jpg

Encyocratella olivacea
DSCF1444.jpg

Plesiophrictus sp. India
DSCF0018-17.jpg

Pamphobeteus ultramarinus
DSCF0002-28.jpg

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thats a nice robustum. I never got to see either of the 2 I had swing there legs about although they did kick lots of hair on the odd occasion they came out of their hides.

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ornithoctoninae sp. Malaysia also known in the pet trade as Haplopelma robustum and what used to be known as Lampropelma violaceopes before Cyriopagopus sp. blue was found to be the real violaceopes (even though it isn't actually a Lampropelma at all).
DSCF0008-25.jpg

Ornithoctoninae sp. Borneo (orange fringe) which may well be the real Haplopelma doriae (I predict a return of Melopoeus if this is the case).
DSCF0023-11.jpg

Harpactirella sp. Y so far undescribed but no doubt will have a proper name when Richard Gallon's revision of Harpactirinae comes out.
DSCF0084-4.jpg

Hemiercus inflatus
DSCF4179.jpg

Megaphobema mesomelas
DSCF0058.jpg

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Came to this thread late...don't even know where to start. All of those spiders are beautiful! I really like the X. immanis', P.ultramarinus, S.sumatra, A.natalenis...and omg that little A.junodi is adorable!!

Latest posts