• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

October is Pit Bull month

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-history-behind-the-american-pit-bull

We adopted a Pit from a shelter two years ago and she is the best dog we've ever owned.

image.jpg

ScottW

3 Year Member
Beautiful. I love the breed and have had two in my life who both lived to a ripe old age. Currently I have a miniature OBT. I mean EBT. Same difference. Anyways, thanks for the post, this breed is sadly misunderstood, due to human masters who shouldn't own a goldfish, much less an intelligent and noble animal like this.

bugnut

3 Year Member
I just joined and wanted to add my +1 to the OP.
I've owned/fostered dozens of different dogs over the years, and my 3yr-old pit rescue is the second-friendliest* dog I've ever owned. Yes, that's just an anecdote, but there is a lot of misinformation and bias out there regarding the bully breeds and dogs in general. As for the temperament of mine, I give a lot of credit to my "pack" that raised him and helped ensure he received proper socialization.

*(the friendliest dog I ever owned was a duck tolling retriever stray I took in a several years ago. I had it for 4 years before it barked for the first time)

Latest posts