• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

obt sling dead.

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
The little sling I got died. It looks like it webbed itself in. The strange thing is it shrunk, the spider was in a clear pill bottle with air holes. This one I had only about 3 weeks, it ate a few small crickets, then it had 2 wrapped in web. I wonder if mold did it in? The substrate was a strange mix of material I could not make out.there was a slight odor, but it could have been from the spider decay. The obt came from a pet shop, the size was about a quater inch. My other slings are doing great, the p. Red, walks for miles around its deli cup.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear this Rich.. Always safe to rehome any Ts you get from pet shops(they dont take very good care of 'em, and the bedding is usually gross)... Could of been mold.. That will kill a T..

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Unfortunately, in this hobby, death happens. Buy from reputable sources, and always make sure you know what your animals are on(sub wise).
If there was Mold, then you have a humidity/Cleanliness issue in that container.

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
Kenny, the way you have the slings set up is perfect, the substrate is still moist, after 2 months, your mixtrue is perfect, I was going to change out the obt, but it was too late. When I get some extra cash, I will come see you kenny.

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
The little sling I got died. It looks like it webbed itself in. The strange thing is it shrunk, the spider was in a clear pill bottle with air holes. This one I had only about 3 weeks, it ate a few small crickets, then it had 2 wrapped in web. I wonder if mold did it in? The substrate was a strange mix of material I could not make out.there was a slight odor, but it could have been from the spider decay. The obt came from a pet shop, the size was about a quater inch. My other slings are doing great, the p. Red, walks for miles around its deli cup.
not trying to sound dumb but what is a P. Red? I looked for it on line with no results....

Latest posts