• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nothing beats rehousing a Haplopelma.

Atx13

3 Year Member
One of my newer girls has been in a kritter keeper since i purchased her, just got her a nice new home, with a premade burrow...
It took about 20 mins to get her from the KK to the delicup, then about 40 mins to get her out of the deli cup...
Not one threat display, she just didnt wanna work with me, at all.. id start to lift a corner of the lid, she would run to the other end of the cup..
She seems to like her burrow, but i'm probably not gonna see her anymore, she has about 4 inches of sub. under the premade burrow to add to it, as she sees fit.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I has a similar experience re-housing my H.Mac. She wasn't agressive, but it was still pretty stressful lol. Hope you said goodbye ;)

Atx13

3 Year Member
I has a similar experience re-housing my H.Mac. She wasn't agressive, but it was still pretty stressful lol. Hope you said goodbye ;)
Yeah, we said our goodbyes..
I also decided I'm not getting another Haplopelma.. These 5 are it...
I plan of getting the 3 available Nhandus( a few of each to up my chances at females), a couple Psalmopoeus, an LP or 2, and maybe if i get the ok, a couple Poecilotheria, and being done with my collection for awhile..

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah, I seem to remember saying I only want 10 or 20 tarantulas...Then I said I'd stop at 50, then 100.. :)

Atx13

3 Year Member
the most i've ever owned was 60 or so.. and that was more of a pain than it was enjoyable for me.. I'm gonna keep my T collection to around 25.
I do plan on getting other exotic pets, pedes, a couple corn snakes, maybe some bearded dragons(my girlfriend wants them, im not really a fan).

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ah, I've always found the routine of 100+ Ts enjoyable. My Girlfriend has a couple Corn Snakes. She loves them.

Atx13

3 Year Member
I really enjoy corn snakes, they dont get massive, easy to care for.. and a lot of them have amazing coloration.

Atx13

3 Year Member
I LOVE Blizzard Corns.. and the Regular Motley Corns are stunning. But the Normal red phase is pretty sweet.