• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

North American Reptile Breeders Conference

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey guys,

Anyone have any experiences with attending these shows? Have one Saturday and Sunday in Tinley Park, IL but not sure if it worth the trek?

Thanks.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
The NARBC show in Anaheim, CA is really great. I was actually just talking with a friend about it last night. It's usually pretty packed and way worth going. I'm not sure about the IL shows but you can usually check the vendor lists at http://narbc.com/

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Josh. I did check out the supplier list. 99 percent seem to be reptile based so was hoping for some T insights as whether us arachnid guys should attend? I am leaning towards giving it a go but it is quite a drive and not the cheapest entry fee either? I will update everyone if I make the trek. Thanks.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
If it's anything like the Reptile Super Show we have here in SoCal, there should be lots of inverts. Don't quote me though. Maybe shoot the NARBC guys an email to see what kind of invert representatives they expect to see?
Tell them you saw their ad on our site :) we run some banners for NARBC

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just got back from the show. Must have been a thousand people there and three times that amount of snakes. My son got to pose with a real alligator (little nerve wracking). There were a few inverts there along with Michael Jacobi. Michael is the owner of Michael Jacobi's Spider Shoppe and the author of The Animal Planet's Tarantulas. Got an autographed copy. Picked up some cool stuff for the enclosures but nothing there on my want list. Still worth while if you can fight the crowds.

Latest posts