• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newby in UK..

PurplePanther

3 Year Member
Good morning {UK} / afternoon / evening :)

I got my first Ts 19/11/16.... 1 F B. Smithi 6cm - Jasmine and 1 F A. Geniculata 6cm - Nikita.
They're beautiful creatures who are bringing me a lot of happiness (and a few grey hairs) :D
The T in my profile pic is Nikita 2 weeks ago.... she has since molted, and is hiding in her log hide.:rolleyes:

PurplePanther

3 Year Member
Yo! Welcome aboard! I'm in Scotland! :)
G43emYD.gif

Thanks Shampain ! I've only been to Scotland once - got wed at Gretna {biggest mistake of my life :eek:}
But Gretna was beautiful, and the people were so welcoming :D

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good morning {UK} / afternoon / evening :)

I got my first Ts 19/11/16.... 1 F B. Smithi 6cm - Jasmine and 1 F A. Geniculata 6cm - Nikita.
They're beautiful creatures who are bringing me a lot of happiness (and a few grey hairs) :D
The T in my profile pic is Nikita 2 weeks ago.... she has since molted, and is hiding in her log hide.:rolleyes:
hi there, welcome to this great forum and a special big up to another UK member. Goos choices of spiders btw. especially the genic. most people on here have a soft spot for them....myself included. Have a large adult female. (over 7 inches) a juvenile male and 5 slings.

PurplePanther

3 Year Member
"Nice" Wouldn`t go that far , lol and as for "sea" I wouldn`t let a ****roach swim in that water, lol:D:D.

Oh.... well you can tell I've never been to SouthEnd.
I'd created this lovely little impression of a quaint coastal town with a nice beach :rolleyes:
It's probably still better than Witham :)

PurplePanther

3 Year Member
hi there, welcome to this great forum and a special big up to another UK member. Goos choices of spiders btw. especially the genic. most people on here have a soft spot for them....myself included. Have a large adult female. (over 7 inches) a juvenile male and 5 slings.

Thanks for the welcome Phil...... have already spoken to a moderator who lives close to me !
I shall take a look at your pics, is there one of your 7 inch female ?

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh.... well you can tell I've never been to SouthEnd.
I'd created this lovely little impression of a quaint coastal town with a nice beach :rolleyes:
It's probably still better than Witham :)
It used to be like that in the 70`s and 80`s , Seafront has all been paved over now, modernised concreate canyon.
Lost all its charm now.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks for the welcome Phil...... have already spoken to a moderator who lives close to me !
I shall take a look at your pics, is there one of your 7 inch female ?
yep....lots of them. check out my albums in the email signature as well as the list. so you down south or Yorkshire based as I know both the moderators. Both have had spiders from me as we try to look after each other. have a shopping list from one of them when I go to the BTS in a couple of weeks.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm in Yorkshire but as Phil says we all help each other out. I regularly order containers and Ts from http://spidershop.pl/?lang=en who deliver by courier (leave Poland Friday and get to me Saturday) and am happy to get Ts for others and post on using RMSD. It saves a long time in the post and also the courier cost as I'm paying that anyway.

PurplePanther

3 Year Member
yep....lots of them. check out my albums in the email signature as well as the list. so you down south or Yorkshire based as I know both the moderators. Both have had spiders from me as we try to look after each other. have a shopping list from one of them when I go to the BTS in a couple of weeks.

Ahh yes I see the links..... I shall have a good look later / tomorrow.
I grew up in Hampshire... have been in Essex for 10 years now.
Everyone here is so friendly / helpful / welcoming......think I'm going to be able to learn a lot about Ts.
I have many Qs.

PurplePanther

3 Year Member
I'm in Yorkshire but as Phil says we all help each other out. I regularly order containers and Ts from http://spidershop.pl/?lang=en who deliver by courier (leave Poland Friday and get to me Saturday) and am happy to get Ts for others and post on using RMSD. It saves a long time in the post and also the courier cost as I'm paying that anyway.

That is such a good idea ! This is such a lovely group of T owners !
Being new, plus terribly inquisitive by nature, I have a lot of Qs.... I think I'm in the right place to finally learn actual facts,
many websites / care sheets appear to be copied and pasted ! :confused:

Latest posts