• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie Question

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I sometimes wish I could find one that was completely docile. Not at all likely to bite. I'd love to present them to kids at a nearby school.
I presented Celeste, my mean as a gun female and Mango. Who I've not handled but I'm a little afraid to.
I'd suggest the Euathlus sp red or sp tiger. My tiger is the most docile and curious spider in my collection. I had a male Lp that was a gentle giant as well. Keep collecting and my guess is you'll get one like that. I always keep in mind that their personality can do a 360 at any time, though. I have a L. dificilis that runs out and starts slapping the ground when I open her top. She used to drool venom..:confused:

Kat Maehl

3 Year Member
I'd suggest the Euathlus sp red or sp tiger. My tiger is the most docile and curious spider in my collection. I had a male Lp that was a gentle giant as well. Keep collecting and my guess is you'll get one like that. I always keep in mind that their personality can do a 360 at any time, though. I have a L. dificilis that runs out and starts slapping the ground when I open her top. She used to drool venom..:confused:
:O

The nicest two I have is Pepper, my d. Ruficeps, and P. Reduncus. Both of those I've now handled a couple times. Blueness, the reduncus only once. I do however love the ruficeps. I used to think while dwarfs are adorable and often very pretty they weren't my ideal tarantula. After have 4 I have to say they're one of my favorites!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
:O

The nicest two I have is Pepper, my d. Ruficeps, and P. Reduncus. Both of those I've now handled a couple times. Blueness, the reduncus only once. I do however love the ruficeps. I used to think while dwarfs are adorable and often very pretty they weren't my ideal tarantula. After have 4 I have to say they're one of my favorites!
Agreed, I've recently started looking hard at the dwarves. I wish I could find a C ritae..fantastic paint jobs. There's a very cool video of a lady taking a sac from one on youtube. I fell in love with the species after watching it :)

Kat Maehl

3 Year Member
Agreed, I've recently started looking hard at the dwarves. I wish I could find a C ritae..fantastic paint jobs. There's a very cool video of a lady taking a sac from one on youtube. I fell in love with the species after watching it :)
I really need to get a C. Fasciatum. I must. Even though they're a dime a dozen here in Costa Rica, I would like one for when I move back to the states.

It will cost around $100 per specimen. :/ it's steep isn't it?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I really need to get a C. Fasciatum. I must. Even though they're a dime a dozen here in Costa Rica, I would like one for when I move back to the states.

It will cost around $100 per specimen. :/ it's steep isn't it?
Too steep:( I have a sexed juvie pair that I paid slightly more than that for..I thought the states were bad..