• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Versi Enclosure.

CrystalRose

3 Year Member
My versi really didn't seem to like her spaghetti container enclosure. She seemed cramped in there so I decided to find her something bigger. Last weekend we stopped at a yard sale and I found this acrylic fish tank for a dollar lol. I took a soldering iron and made plenty of air holes for her. The wood I picked up a few weeks ago at a local reptile expo for 2 dollars. The water bowl I got at Petsmart for 89 cents. All in all the whole thing cost me about 5 dollars to make.

Her old enclosure.

The new one. This is the front.

The back.

The side.

And one picture of her just because she's pretty. :)

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
My versi really didn't seem to like her spaghetti container enclosure. She seemed cramped in there so I decided to find her something bigger. Last weekend we stopped at a yard sale and I found this acrylic fish tank for a dollar lol. I took a soldering iron and made plenty of air holes for her. The wood I picked up a few weeks ago at a local reptile expo for 2 dollars. The water bowl I got at Petsmart for 89 cents. All in all the whole thing cost me about 5 dollars to make.

Her old enclosure.

The back.

The side.

Well your right on that she is pretty ^^

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Her old enclosure.

The back.

The side.

Looks very nice,just watch the multiple ventilation holes. It will dry out the enclosure fast,let me know what you encounter.

CrystalRose

3 Year Member
It seems to be holding the humidity ok so far Martin. I do have some damp moss I can add if it seems to be drying out too fast. Thanks Josh and everyone else! I'm very happy with it so far :)

CrystalRose

3 Year Member
How's she liking her new enclosure thus far??

She loves it. She's got webbing all over her leaves and part of the log now. She seems very settled in. She's also eating like a champ for me now in this enclosure as well. In her old one she didn't really seem to have much of an appetite. Now as soon as I open her enclosure she comes out and sits there waiting for food.

I think the main problem with her old enclosure was,it was on the small side so anytime I went in there to spot clean or fill her water bowl I was always right on top of her. There was nowhere for her to go. In this one if I'm doing something at one end, She has space to move to the other end and feel "safe" and hidden while I'm in there.

Latest posts