• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Home

Spideyfan101

3 Year Member
I got a new enclosure for my G Pulchripes spiderling, from Jamie's Tarantulas. I have a neat little temp/hygrometer that pops into place so I cut a little square hole for it. I took all the little tabs off the screen and hot glued it into place for safety because my little guy's a climber, and those sharp tabs seemed dangerous. I really like the look of this enclose but I got to say, these are of poor quality. After letting him run around for about an hour, to get used to it. I wanted some pictures, I went to take the lid off and notice it was pretty tight on there, so tight that when it finally gave way all the substrate jumped up and buried him! I quickly dug him out, then sanded to heck out of it and it's still pretty tight on there. Not impressed, when he's big enough to for a bigger enclosure it will not be from Jamie's Tarantulas.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've used many of Jamie's enclosures and never had an issue with them, arboreal and terestrial both. I have about a dozen or so now with T's living happily in them. But now i buy amac boxes from the containerstore online, same enclosures as Jamie sells but with no vent.

Never seen one so tight you jump the whole enclosure bad enough to throw the substrate ;) lids are a snug fit but then they should be to prevent any escapes. I've always opened mine from one side, just lift that side up, I put my thumbs on each corner at the bottom so i have a good grip on the enclosure to prevent that "jump". There's enough give in them it doesn't break the other side.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use them as well, my only issue was the vents were sharp but it was still cheaper for me to buy hers drilled and vented. I just removed the sharp tabs and glued it.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use them as well, my only issue was the vents were sharp but it was still cheaper for me to buy hers drilled and vented. I just removed the sharp tabs and glued it.
I'm lazy i guess :) i just hot glued over the sharp parts.

Mikebabs

3 Year Member
I was looking to order various sizes of those from The Container Store but can't seem to find them online. The nearest store to me is 4 hours away.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Latest posts