• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New here.

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
What up everyone? i have was always fascinated by tarantulas, i found one on a Craigslist, its an Arizona blonde, it was wild caught, and has been doing well,i will be honest, the only experience i have is from reading about them online. Her habitat is a medium size " critter tank", i have a ten gallon, i would like to set up, at this point , i don't want to handle her that much, i got her yesterday, and would like her to settle down, before i start to change up her living quarters, handle, etc. I am trying to keep her stress level as low as possible, so just wanted to say whats up, o and im pretty nuts, so i had a human size skull made of plaster, i bored out the eye socket, would like
the spider to go into? seems like a nice secure spot? the finish on the skull is water base products. i will post a pic, let me know if you think it would be ok. thanks to all who replies, take it easy. Rich

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome aboard! Aphnopemla Chalcodes (Az Blonde) are great tarantulas. The skull should be fine, but Aphnopelma here in Az are burrowers, and more than likely would prefer to go under the skull.

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
thanks, i was thinking about burying the skull in the substrate up to the eye level, about 3 inch's deep, the set up now is rather bad, but i cant complain, a free tarantula is never a bad thing! i post up some pics, when i get a chance. Kenny you in AZ? i am in east mesa, by the way of Chicago il. take care.

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
Here is one.
spider.jpg