• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new here...have some questions

habeeb

3 Year Member
i bought a chilean rose hair sling and was wondering if it was ok to feed it very small new born dubias? has anyone else fed dubias? my sling is bout 3/4 of a inch big so far

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i bought a chilean rose hair sling and was wondering if it was ok to feed it very small new born dubias? has anyone else fed dubias? my sling is bout 3/4 of a inch big so far

Dubia are a great food source. When my colony is going strong that's all I feed. Just make sure anything you feed your Rose is no more than 1/2 the size of the total Tarantula(not the leg span).

habeeb

3 Year Member
oh ok...so u wanna go with the size of the body and not leg span? thanks!!!! :D they will still eat it if the dubia isnt alive right? they will know its food?

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My bigger guys (G. pulchiripes and L. parahybana), both about an inch, have done fine with dead cricket bits, so I am assuming dead dubia are no different. :)

habeeb

3 Year Member
yea i read up that guys feed chopped up crickets so i guess they should know its food then :D but can slings go pretty long without food like a adult? or is like a week the max?

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We'll have to wait on Kenny or one of the other guys for a definitive on that...I am rather new at this myself. :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
you can go a month no problem, but I wouldn't suggest it. once a week is optimal. you can squish a crickets head and your T will gladly eat it.But pinhead crickets are my food item of choice with slings.

habeeb

3 Year Member
aite thanks...maybe ill just go with what worked for u guys since u guys have done it MANY MANY times already..thanks agin!!

habeeb

3 Year Member
awesome!! i bought some 1/8 inch crickets and i think my sling ate one last night...put it in its vile and couldnt seem to find it this morning...hopefully it did eat it and the cricket isnt just a good hide and seek player lol :D

Latest posts