• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Enclosure and Set up!

KieraKittie

3 Year Member
Finally received my camera back from the shop, first things first, is the spider! Took some advice from folks here, redid Shelobs Terrarium.

And some pictures of course!

P2111001_zpsac066d89.jpg

P2111000_zps5767b8e1.jpg

I did not realize how dusty my desk was till I took this picture.. It was dusted shortly after.. LOL
Image1-1_zps36ea6cb7.jpg

KieraKittie

3 Year Member
Just a random addition, I was very happy to wake up this morning and peek into the enclosure to see that she has started to dig around again. I think I messed her up when I messed with her home twice within a few days. I wanted to add more substraight so I went and bought a small round block of Coconut fiber to mix with the jungle earth, only to realize the small block that I was told "should layer" a 10 gal, did not even add a layer to the ground. I wanted to go another inch and a half deeper. SO, poor girl had to get used to that for a two days only to have me come back and re-do it all again once I bought a large block. Would rather have extra than not enough.

It has been a few days, the fibers are finally drying out completely and she seems to move around on them a bit more. Note, the ground was not "to" wet when I added, it, it only had enough moisture for me to break off the brick and fluff out.

ANYWHO, yes, I am thrilled to see her digging out her cave more, and back to digging out the corner of her terrarium.

Tguy

3 Year Member
very nice :) .....i would just like to add that when you go to touch your T for the first time for whatever reason you should always use something other than your hand like tongs or paint brush ...next time she may not be so nice.....just sayin :)

KieraKittie

3 Year Member
very nice :) .....i would just like to add that when you go to touch your T for the first time for whatever reason you should always use something other than your hand like tongs or paint brush ...next time she may not be so nice.....just sayin :)

Haha probably wise, I would learn my lesson the hard way. Though I do try to make sure she knows I'm there. I was messing with her a bit before the video, she has been pretty, inactive, the last few days. Not wanting to eat, kinda just chillin.. Read it might be close to a molt but keeping on eye on her either way. Beside the video I haven't been messing with her to much since I redid her tank, trying to give her time to chill and settle. I figured if she does not perk up after a week or so, I would seek advise. WHICH! I must add is another reason I was rather happy to see she was digging around lastnight lol