• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Avic!!!

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Stopped into a petland a few towns over tonight to pick up food for my bearded dragons and happened to stumble upon this 
_20170609_203835.JPG

I usually don't buy Ts from pet stores but they had her set up all wrong and price was good too. My avic passed awhile back too so been needing to acquire another anyway.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Stopped into a petland a few towns over tonight to pick up food for my bearded dragons and happened to stumble upon this View attachment 24432
I usually don't buy Ts from pet stores but they had her set up all wrong and price was good too. My avic passed awhile back too so been needing to acquire another anyway.
At this size, I can never tell the difference between A. Avicularia , A. Braushauseni, or A. Metallica. @Tgotty90 or any avic. Experts able to help me out???

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
At this size, I can never tell the difference between A. Avicularia , A. Braushauseni, or A. Metallica. @Tgotty90 or any avic. Experts able to help me out???
Im certain its A.avicularia. A.braushauseni are supposedly much bigger and A.metallica have a better range of color. The pet stores around here only carry the basics so I've only seen A.avic sold around here. She's a biggie for a avic though. I've seen small males in that shop before but when I seen this big girl for only $30 I couldn't help myself. They acted like she was real skittish and were scared of her lol its a avic so of course its gonna be skittish if not handled properly. She actually handles better than any other avuc ive kept. Glad I picked her up.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Im certain its A.avicularia. A.braushauseni are supposedly much bigger and A.metallica have a better range of color. The pet stores around here only carry the basics so I've only seen A.avic sold around here. She's a biggie for a avic though. I've seen small males in that shop before but when I seen this big girl for only $30 I couldn't help myself. They acted like she was real skittish and were scared of her lol its a avic so of course its gonna be skittish if not handled properly. She actually handles better than any other avuc ive kept. Glad I picked her up.
Thanks Buddy!!