• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Additions

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello,

I promised I was not going to add to the collection until Spring. We hit 40 degrees last week so I am going to blame Mother Nature for my recent purchase. Added:

- Dalmation Scaber isopods (been trying to find this species for awhile now and ran across it at the All Animal Expo yesterday)
- Red Spot Assassin Bug
- "Mombo" Assassin Bug
- (2) Bess Beetles
- Harlequin Beetle (gorgeous!)
- Yellow Sac Spider (Cheiracanthium mildei)
- Woodlouse Hunter (Dysdera crocata)

Saw some of the rarities and decided to move before they were gone.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Making me work? Okay, time allowing later today I will see what I can do. Feeding day and Superbowl come first though ;)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Making me work? Okay, time allowing later today I will see what I can do. Feeding day and Superbowl come first though ;)
You can take pics during all the breaks in play....never seen a game that should last 80mins take 4 hours to complete before.....lol. Sorry dude,, with being from the UK, I just don't "get it" but I know it is a massive thing on the other side of the pond. Go Panthers. They sound harder than the.Broncos and that is as much as I know. :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Pics or it didn't happen!
We are almost tarantula soul mates....I have the following that you also have
GBB
B.smithi
A.Diversipes
A.Versicolor
A.Purpurea
M.Balfouri
P.Sazimai

And....
B boehmei
A geniculata
P subfusca
Harpactira. pulchripes
E cyanognathus

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry guys. Ran out of time today. Got a few shots to share but mostly enclosures. This is the fresh batch of crickets. Lasts me 2-3 weeks but only feed once a week and this was the day. When you have 100+ inverts, it takes some time.

IMG_0199.JPG

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yellow sac enclosure and spider. Most of the species I received were under 1/2" right now so not much opportunity for photo opportunities. Shot with my iPhone too.
IMG_0206.JPG

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Assassin Bug enclosures. Buried in the bark. These are tiny right now. But will grow fast! Sorry for not species shots here yet. More to come.

IMG_0209.JPG

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You can take pics during all the breaks in play....never seen a game that should last 80mins take 4 hours to complete before.....lol. Sorry dude,, with being from the UK, I just don't "get it" but I know it is a massive thing on the other side of the pond. Go Panthers. They sound harder than the.Broncos and that is as much as I know. :)
Lol. Completely understand as I would rather watch paint dry than a World Cup match. Played soccer but just can't seem to watch it. Picked the Broncos so today is a good day! :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol. Completely understand as I would rather watch paint dry than a World Cup match. Played soccer but just can't seem to watch it. Picked the Broncos so today is a good day! :)
I fell asleep during superbowl. ...good shout on the Broncos tho. Your enclosures are cool too.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Denny Dee awesome enclosures. The assassin bugs get setup arboreal? And r they worth putting locks on the cages? I was just wondering, thats something im looking at right now.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
;);););););)
I fell asleep during superbowl. ...good shout on the Broncos tho. Your enclosures are cool too.
You and most of America. Not the best game unless you won enough money on the spread to pay for one's new arrivals

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Denny Dee awesome enclosures. The assassin bugs get setup arboreal? And r they worth putting locks on the cages? I was just wondering, thats something im looking at right now.
I do. They can be set up terrestrial as well if you have plenty they can climb on. They spend almost all their time on the cork bark. I lock all my enclosures. Not necessary for these guys but from what I have read and heard they have an incredibly painful bite.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Should also mention that they are communal. Give them enough room and feed them well and you will not have any issues. I am electing to go with a single species set up as maintenance was too stressful. Couldn't keep my eyes on all of them at the same time. Messier than T's as they leave the shells of their prey drained dry.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love the pics! Thanks for sharing!

And yeah we are Phil! A.Genic is next on my list ;)
Out of curiosity......what price do they go for in the states. I can get a sexed female at about 3 inches for approx £20 to £25 (not sure on USD exchange rate but abiut $20).
My big genic molted a few days ago, did you see her pic? Below if you didn't
20160205_170317.jpg
20160205_170338.jpg
20160206_121759.jpg

Latest posts