• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New additions, a dream come true

Marija

3 Year Member
I haven't been active lately due to my vacation but as soon as I came back from my trip to America I got some new beauties.
Today is a huge day for me since these have been a dream to have, Poecilotheria metallica pair that I've named Ayana and Arrogate.
I got them from Jakub, from Poland.

Ayana
IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

Arrogate
IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

I also got a Megaphobema robustum as my freebie. Named it Chrome
IMG_1284.JPG

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
:T:Wow, @Marija . They sure are beautiful. Not a bad way to "break yourself in" after vacation. Jakub is awesome. I got a H. pulchripes from him for $40.
Welcome back to TF. I would say I missed you, but we won't talk about the fun we had while you were state-side :cool:

Marija

3 Year Member
:T:Wow, @Marija . They sure are beautiful. Not a bad way to "break yourself in" after vacation. Jakub is awesome. I got a H. pulchripes from him for $40.
Welcome back to TF. I would say I missed you, but we won't talk about the fun we had while you were state-side :cool:
Thank you :) I must say I'm very pleased with Jakub, wasn't even said that I'd be getting a male metallica and yet he sent me one.
Thank you for the welcome back, I'm sure you had fun here lol, I had my fun at the states as well :p

Marija

3 Year Member
Absolutely stunning Marija!!! How is they're temperament? This is one I've envied for as long as I've kept Ts but I've always been afraid to test the waters with pokies lol
Thank you so much :)
They are very fast moving but don't show aggression. I've handled the male when transfering him to his enclosure and other than him running all over me, no aggression :)
I have 6 pokies now and the only one that shows aggression is my formosa, others I can touch and handle.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I haven't been active lately due to my vacation but as soon as I came back from my trip to America I got some new beauties.
Today is a huge day for me since these have been a dream to have, Poecilotheria metallica pair that I've named Ayana and Arrogate.
I got them from Jakub, from Poland.

Ayana
View attachment 25374
View attachment 25375

Arrogate
View attachment 25377
View attachment 25376

I also got a Megaphobema robustum as my freebie. Named it Chrome
View attachment 25378
Very nice

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Gorgeous!! I love the way pokies look but the bite reports plus owning a wonderful ex feral cat with an out of the world prey drive give me some reservations.

I would also set have to set up the most wonderful enclosure yet once the slings grew up. It might get expensive.