• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help with id-ing a couple of TS ☺️

EdwardD

3 Year Member
Hi guys.

I work for an animal charity and we went to collect 3 tarantulas from a vacant flat where they had been left behind. I have a T already which i rescued last year, so took these ones in. The 1st is a baby, not sure what she is. The other two i think may be obts! Much bigger in size. Can anyone help?!
Thanks ☺️
The photos for poss obts are crap quality sorry

Attachments

• IMG_0854.PNG
    IMG_0854.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0858.PNG
    IMG_0858.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0857.JPG
    IMG_0857.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 39

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
can't tell anything form the 2nd and 3rd pic, all we can see is stripes going down the leg, which could be a number of different species. I've never been good at identifying the brown and brown T's so i'm no help on the first one either :(

EdwardD

3 Year Member
can't tell anything form the 2nd and 3rd pic, all we can see is stripes going down the leg, which could be a number of different species. I've never been good at identifying the brown and brown T's so i'm no help on the first one either :(
No problem. Thanks for reply. I cant move the bigger ones as setting up new homes for them. Will get better pics when i do. There in plastic tubs atm.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No problem. Thanks for reply. I cant move the bigger ones as setting up new homes for them. Will get better pics when i do. There in plastic tubs atm.
we like pics ;) show off your T's when you get them housed.

EdwardD

3 Year Member
we like pics ;) show off your T's when you get them housed.
Hey ! Finally got them into their new glass enclousures! Managed to get better pics. Anyone know what kinda T these are? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    518.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1162.JPG
    IMG_1162.JPG
    976.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1165.PNG
    IMG_1165.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1166.PNG
    IMG_1166.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 31

Venom2090

3 Year Member
Definitely a Theraphosa. I'm more of an arboreal guy, so I'm not sure which one.

You can tell from the pink toes and hairs on the tibia.
Stirmi have no to few hairs on the tibia.

Blondi have many hairs on tibia.

apophysis.. I don't know..

Just google the toe thing and you can figure it out from there.

Personally, I'm going apophysis.

Latest posts