• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N incei communal.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I ordered ten N incei slings for a communal. When they arrived 2 of them had molted in their straws, one was hardened, the other looked halfway there. I released them all except the little soft looking one, who I placed still in his straw, inside the enclosure with it open. He came out an hr later, so i removed it. The freshly molted sling was found on his back in the water dish, kicking his legs, this morning. I removed him and he crawled around normally. Ive been monitoring him ever since, they're on my desk. Just wanted to share this, I've never found one on its back in the water like that. Don't know if that one will make it. The rest settled in, and seem to have no issues with each other, all have been fed except the little swimmer. I'm watching him closely.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I shall watch this with interest. When I got my N. incei I had thought about a communal but I chickened out and kept them separate. I hope things go well for yours.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
This is awesome! Will enjoy following any updates on them.
If/When I do a communal, this is a species I have considered for it.
Hope the the soft youngster makes it.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
They make great communal species my male and female have been together for about 2 months now hopefully she is gravid but no signs of aggression what so ever

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They make great communal species my male and female have been together for about 2 months now hopefully she is gravid but no signs of aggression what so ever
Excellent. I've researched as much as possible, I found no failed communals for that species. The balfouri look good too, I just have trouble paying more money for pretty hiders..

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Excellent. I've researched as much as possible, I found no failed communals for that species. The balfouri look good too, I just have trouble paying more money for pretty hiders..
The key is to keep the hiders enclosure very basic and let them do the decoration with the Web all I did as put a bit of substrate in and four little pieces of cork bark in each corner for them to anchor there Web to the out come is a beautifully heavily decorated webbed enclosure they obviously still hide but it looks pretty impressive

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The key is to keep the hiders enclosure very basic and let them do the decoration with the Web all I did as put a bit of substrate in and four little pieces of cork bark in each corner for them to anchor there Web to the out come is a beautifully heavily decorated webbed enclosure they obviously still hide but it looks pretty impressive
Agreed. And the balfouri are pretty enough to offset the hiding. I'd just have to make an effort to catch them out at night, like my irminia, regalis, lividus, well, almost all my old worlds, except the P metallica:) She doesn't hide. I watched Tom Moran's channel, he has a good video where they're(balfouri) all out. Impressive, they're gorgeous spiders. Hiding little ****s. Oops, my tourettes..

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Agreed. And the balfouri are pretty enough to offset the hiding. I'd just have to make an effort to catch them out at night, like my irminia, regalis, lividus, well, almost all my old worlds, except the P metallica:) She doesn't hide. I watched Tom Moran's channel, he has a good video where they're(balfouri) all out. Impressive, they're gorgeous spiders. Hiding little ****s. Oops, my tourettes..
Yeah Tom moran has an impressive balfouri communal I've seen another video on YouTube with 1 male and 3 females trying to breed the male doesn't know which one to choose I'll see if I can find it

Latest posts