• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N. chromatus sling help

stanlooms

3 Year Member
Hi all, i just got a N. Chromatus sling yesterday, my first time raising a sling. just wondering wt do u guys feed ur slings, the guy sold it to me said he gave him baby crackets. Is fruit fly a nice alternative? N how often do u feed ur sling?

Attachments

• 20150214_222111.jpg
    20150214_222111.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58

Poec54

3 Year Member
I use baby crickets for my slings. The smaller the spider, the smaller the crickets. Some people use fruit flies, but they usually end up complaining about them.

stanlooms

3 Year Member
ic….i managed to get some baby roaches for him today, i hv left 2 in his enclosure, but he is yet to accept his first meal...
how often do u feed? every other day? twice a week?

stanlooms

3 Year Member
I use baby crickets for my slings. The smaller the spider, the smaller the crickets. Some people use fruit flies, but they usually end up complaining about them.
ic….i managed to get some baby roaches for him today, i hv left 2 in his enclosure, but he is yet to accept his first meal...
how often do u feed? every other day? twice a week?

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Hi all, i just got a N. Chromatus sling yesterday, my first time raising a sling. just wondering wt do u guys feed ur slings, the guy sold it to me said he gave him baby crackets. Is fruit fly a nice alternative? N how often do u feed ur sling?
Most of mine feed on pinhead crickets and the others eat B. laterlis nymphs. I feed twice per week.
Yours has a plump rump so it may not be hungry. Also in the pic, it looks to be in pre- molt, not unusual to fasting if it is.
Personally, I feed one prey item at a time, don't need to stress the sling with too much food running in the enclosure. [emoji6]
One more thing, if its in a new enclosure, it needs some time to feel at home. I wait 3-4 days after rehousing before I offer prey. Here is a pic of one of my C. Marschalli slings I rehoused today. I'll offer them prey middle of this week.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424024698187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424024698187.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 30

stanlooms

3 Year Member
They like moist substrate (as do most tropical species), but more like slightly moist rather than waterlogged.

then i would like to ask, how deep should the substrate be? currently is around 1 cm, should i put more soil?

stanlooms

3 Year Member
i have 4 of these slings & they love to dig, so i would have at least 1" of substrate. :D
ya…i am aware of this pretty shortly afterward…he has now digged a burrow, n rarely show himself, sometimes he is at the entrance of his burrow n when he sense that I'm in the room, he will hurry back underground…haha

Latest posts