• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my tarantula just stays in the corner

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
hey all, i have had this wild caught spider for about a week, i was told by her previous owner they had her about a year, i really dont know much about this spiders behavior, but she kinda just sits in the corner on the cage, her front legs are extended, towards the top of the tank, and she looks kind of balled up. she is alive, as i have picked her up, but tends to do this most of the time? just wondering if this semi normal, or should i be concerned? i really like this spider and want to do the best i can for it, any help would be great, thanks for any replies!:)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sometimes they need a good while to settle in. The more hides/substrate to burrow in she has, the quicker the process will be. However, sometimes Ts just don't do much.

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
yeah i understand, i really prefer to look at her other then handle her. its like a veiled chameleon i have, mean bugger, a good pet to look at, not to much on the handing side, for me anyways:D

Latest posts