• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My T family

Brina916

3 Year Member
This is all but Sprocket, his enclosure didn't fit on the tv tray
My T family.JPG

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow! I like those enclosures - did you make them or buy them?
I like the labeling idea too so no one gets mixed up

BigOtto

3 Year Member
The enclosures from Jamie's are very nice. You can make them yourself if you would like. Containerstore.com sells the acrylic boxes and the smaller 1" vents can be found at roundvents.com. You just have to get a drill bit that cuts the 1" diameter holes and a small file to clean up the edges. Be careful while drilling for the vents or you will crack the boxes.

BigOtto

3 Year Member
You really can not press very hard on these when your using the drill to cut the holes.
It's the same idea when you want to make lids for a 10 gallon tank. Make sure the acrylic fits the tank, drill it for some hinges, then drill it for 2" vents. Finally secure it to the tank with a hot glue gun. You can press a little harder on 3m acrylic than those boxes but go slow with the drilling. It more melts the acrylic than cuts. Check you tube for videos of the tutorial for this.

Latest posts