• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Spider lings container

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
size is fine for another moult but then you will need to go larger after the next moult. You do need to put a hide in with her though. Half plastic flower pots work well.

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Thanks Kenny I was thinking the same ill do that. Also thanks for the input Atx13 ill probably go bigger after a couple molts. She is about to molt soon I believe her abdomen is getting darker and she is refusing food.

jtrux

3 Year Member
I use that size container for T's that size. Rather than put a hide in, what I usually do is old up a colorless paper towel into a square and moisten it and just lay it in the center of the enclosure. It doesn't have to take up the whole enclosure, just a small square maybe 1.5 times the size of the T. They will burrow under it readily.

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Thanks for the help jtrux ill try this so far I just have a little vitamin cap lid in there that I have dug a hole underneath to give her a little hide. So far she hasnt used it yet haha

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Thank you Harleyqueen! Hey guys just to update my baby red knee has still not molted and has still not eaten at all. I am not seeing a bald spot on the abdomen yet but there is a spot on its back that is darker than the rest of its abdomen. Im worried only because he is starting to become very sluggish and when I held him tonight he would not move and did not respond well to my touch. He eventually crawled off my hand but only after I pushed a little. He became a bit more active after that but not by much is this part of a soon to come molt? I guess I just dont understand this behavior.

Atx13

3 Year Member
What temp do you keep your T's at? They'll be sluggish if their cold... but it could be getting read for a moult, in which case, i'd leave it be. Don't wanna risk hurting the little guy.
As long as there is water droplets for it to drink from(or a small water dish, like a pop bottle cap) and the temp is good enough for em, you shouldn't have any problems.

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Thanks I keep the temp at 75 to 80 degrees so it might be getting ready to molt hope I didnt hurt him when I had to push him off my hand haha he is walking around active now a bit and doesnt seem injured so thats good. I am putting him in quarantine though he will not be disturbed for a bit and im kicking the humidity up a bit thanks for the help ill keep you all posted :)

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Hey guys check it out! He finally molted not sure when but when I checked on him this afternoon he was all out of his old skin and into the new skin! Anything I should do now? change temp? Change humidity? When should I start feeding? Thank you all for your help :)

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Thanks Kenny! Is there anything you recommend I do now? Since the exoskeleton is still soft im assuming

Tguy

3 Year Member
CONGATS! ......what a beauty... the skin needs time to harden give it a shallow waterdish and leave it be it give it atleast 5 days before you offer any food ....the skin needs time to harden and the fangs will get black and shinny when ready :)

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Thanks Kenny! and thank you Tguy I appreciate the help ill do just that and wait to feed her as well not touch her enclosure I might need to mist again soon though will this be ok? Ill be gentle unless you dont recommend this. I have removed the old exoskeleton from her enclosure and so on. Thanks again for the help!

Latest posts