• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My sons Cali King

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
I got tarantulas and my son wanted a snake so......
image.jpeg

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
So pretty. Looks like a young Cali king? if so, they tend to calm down with age (says my research before I got my first snake, a banana Cali king).

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not sure about this ones character yet. He likes to strike and bite. Has gotten me a couple times already. Luckily it doesn't hurt.:rolleyes:
In what I've been reading on the Kings is if they're not regularly handled will tend to be a bit nippy until they get used to you again.

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
In what I've been reading on the Kings is if they're not regularly handled will tend to be a bit nippy until they get used to you again.

I guess he is getting better. I actually picked him up the other day without getting bitten. I try to do something with him every day but most of the time he is buried under the substrate in the evenings and is really grouchy when I disturb him :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
are you trying to pick him up from above? Just watched a handling video saying that's the most common mistake lol approach from the side.