• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My scorpion thread

Arachnid dude

3 Year Member
No, my bad, it should have been obvious:D I have some really fat short tailed locals, Centruroides vittatus, I have three wc that all look hugely fat..im hoping for some babies. To be quite honest, Centruroides sp interest me far more then any other scorps, even the prettier ones. They're MUCH more active, and I love watching my gracillis babies chase down prey..these have to be the most active genus on the planet. If not, I want to know..buthids rock, screw venom potency..

Cool deal and yes buthids rock :D My adult C. gracilis aren't really active from what I see anyways...there always hanging upside down under the log I have in there for them. I've seen them eat once they already have the roach but I've never seen them take it down.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cool deal and yes buthids rock :D My adult C. gracilis aren't really active from what I see anyways...there always hanging upside down under the log I have in there for them. I've seen them eat once they already have the roach but I've never seen them take it down.
Sure, they hide like spiders, but once they get comfortable you'll see them crawling around and interacting, especially in the evening.. Dump 7 roaches on top of a log with 5 adults in it, they come out pretty quick:) The only scorpions I have that ignore my presence and crawl around all the time are my C vittatus. They don't seem to care if I'm hovering over them.

Latest posts