• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Roaches!

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Some stuff has matured, here are some pics! :)

Blaberus sp "discoidalis" (definitely a hybrid):
Blaberushybrid%25231.JPG

Blaberushybrid%25233.JPG

Blaberushybrid%25234.JPG

Pycnoscelus nigra:
P.nigra%25236.JPG

P.nigra%25238.JPG

P.nigra%252310.JPG

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Those leg spikes look rather daunting! Not as bad as Hissers but still!

Eh, these guys are small so you don't even feel them, hissers on the other hand give me blisters lol, turns out I'm allergic to roaches. :( Not that that will keep me from keeping them lol, just can't hold my bigger species too much. :p

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Eh, these guys are small so you don't even feel them, hissers on the other hand give me blisters lol, turns out I'm allergic to roaches. :( Not that that will keep me from keeping them lol, just can't hold my bigger species too much. :p
Welcome to my supposed world! Though the tenebriscosa i got from you don't bother me at all..when I can find them. I only ever can find what feels like the same two.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
what the hell?? that sucks big ol donkey balls!! Thats like a crazy cat lady being allergic to cats. lmao

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Welcome to my supposed world! Though the tenebriscosa i got from you don't bother me at all..when I can find them. I only ever can find what feels like the same two.

Yeah, the horseshoe crab roaches don't usually give me blisters, but man when they get bigger their spikes alone are pretty sharp IMO.

what the hell?? that sucks big ol donkey balls!! Thats like a crazy cat lady being allergic to cats. lmao

Yup, exactly! Apparently the more you are exposed to roaches the more likely you are to become allergic to them, whatever... :rolleyes: There are a bunch of other roach keepers who are allergic, and they still keep their roaches, it's not too much of a disability. I'm sure as heck not gonna let it affect my hobby! :D

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
oh. thats cool i was just wondering. :)

Yeah, hopefully in a few weeks I'll start seeing hatchlings!

One of my male Corydidarum pygmaea matured, which is actually kinda bad news, as my females are not especially close to maturation and the males have a pretty short lifespan...

Anyway, here are some pictures:
Adult male
RPR%25231.JPG

RPR%25234.JPG

RPR%25236.JPG

Female nymph
RPR%25238.JPG

RPR%252310.JPG

RPR%252311.JPG

RPR%252313.JPG

Latest posts