• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My poor little P.rufilata

Atx13

3 Year Member
She moulted last night, and a couple of her legs are stuck in the moult :(, shes for sure gonna lose one.. and the second is highly possible, good thing she is still little and in a couple moults will be fine.. just hate seeing that happen to my Ts :(. I'll get a couple pics after she settles in and everything.

Atx13

3 Year Member
shes out and about, trying to shake the rest of the skin off.. I tried to help some, turned the heat and humidity up, but i cant really do anything else..

Atx13

3 Year Member
She removed the skin, but lost 4 legs in total.. Both of her fangs and pedipalps are intact, doesn't seemed to bothered by the missing limbs, a couple moults and i should have a complete Rufilata again..
Sucks when the lose a leg( or 4) but at least they grow back. Gonna continue to keep her humidity and heat a little higher, and will be power feeding her as soon as she hardens back up, oh and, she is a she! :)
Hopefully no further complications occur, and I have a beautiful display Ts for years to come :).
Gonna get a couple pics in a week or so.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There is a rose on the big up the rose hair thread whos legs came back really good on the moult after she lost hers so hopefully your girls Will too.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Kinda funny, i'm usually really cautious around Poecilotherias, but where she is missing 4 legs, i've let my guard down alot, and she reminded me earlier today when i was checking on her, that her speed an attitude is still intact, lol. made me sweat a little :p.

Atx13

3 Year Member
bout as good of a pic as i can get, hopefully i can get a feeding pic or 2, in a few more days.. Cant really see anything since she relocated to under the cork bark piece...
WP_001253.jpg

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I've heard you can try moistening "trouble spots" with glycerin or some soapy water (very diluted) to help them out of their mess. Hope your T does okay! ;)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Glad she now is the proud owner of a fifth leg again. She'll be good as new in no time!!

Latest posts