• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Pet Wood

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
You know how scorpions and tarantulas are called pet holes and pet rocks? Now a new term is added to the list, Pet Wood.

Just an update:
Originally, i had a sub-adult pair of emerald tree skinks. They mature very slowly and now they are 5 years old going 6 this coming August. Last year, my drunkard snakedealer sold me a trio adding up to 5. Two of the newcomers died due to heat and travel stress so my dealer promised to give me replacements but failed to do so. As a result, they were sold to me free.

A rare glimpse of one skink sleeping (pics taken at 3am lol)

1026130_630416207017562_2028921286_o.jpg

1523009_630419780350538_155099284_o.jpg

There are 2 hollow mopani wood inside and my emerald tree skinks love frolicking and hiding in it (perhaps hide in it forever). I do know they are out and about during the day when i'm away coz the food dish is empty every 2-3 days.

Obviously, my imagination is below sea level so this is the best that my creative mind could come up with lol. I was planning to upgrade to a bigger tank if the replacements came but for now this'll suffice.

886190_630420697017113_808030257_o.jpg

Even after 5 years they are still quite flighty and skittish. Guess that'll never change.

khatchet

3 Year Member
They are cool skink. I only have one skink but would love to have more as im sure you know owning them they are amazing lizards.

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
Haha true that. I personally think skinks are the smartest lizard and most developed in terms of brain structure as proven by science except this particular species lol. Live-bearing skinks are definitely the most affectionate and brighter as arboreal ones go nuts all the time lol

khatchet

3 Year Member
I would agree that there the smartest. My fire skink is diffently the smartest lizard I have.

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
34 snakes (mostly rear-fanged tropical species), 17 lizards, 1 turtle, 2 newts, a treefrog, 78 scorpions (8 adults the rest are successive broods), 7 matured female Ts, 3 millipedes, a centipede, a few beetles, a crow, a trio of owls, a ****atiel, 6 hedgehogs, 1 palm civet and 5 sugar gliders to be exact. Excluding the sold ones and the ones i have abroad :D