• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new Babies

Atx13

3 Year Member
In order of how they are posted
2 of my beautiful H. lividum(cross your fingers for a female :p)
1 of the G. Pulchripes
2 of the P. Murinus
1 of the C. Fasciatum(just the butt, shes hiding, lol)
1 of my(hopefully pre molt) B. Vagans, didnt want to disturb her incase she is preparing to molt.
Sorry they're kind of blurry, we only have cell phones to snap pics with at this time.

Attachments

• WP_000255.jpg
    WP_000255.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 21
  • WP_000257.jpg
    WP_000257.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 24
  • WP_000250.jpg
    WP_000250.jpg
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 20
  • WP_000261.jpg
    WP_000261.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 19
  • WP_000259.jpg
    WP_000259.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • WP_000263.jpg
    WP_000263.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • WP_000266.jpg
    WP_000266.jpg
    955.6 KB · Views: 17

Atx13

3 Year Member
Thanks, the H. Lividum and P. murinus are eating(go figure lol) the others are trying to situated :D

Atx13

3 Year Member
Finally got the deli cup out of my H. Lividum's house.. P. Murinus is still muching away happy as can be! Still playing the waiting game with the B. Vagans, to see if its gonna moult or not.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Finally got the deli cup out of my H. Lividum's house.. P. Murinus is still muching away happy as can be! Still playing the waiting game with the B. Vagans, to see if its gonna moult or not.

Are you going to bubble your H.Liv?

Bubble: (put a smaller container, top down inside the larger container, to force a burrow on the glass, and prevent collapsing)

Atx13

3 Year Member
Are you going to bubble your H.Liv?

Bubble: (put a smaller container, top down inside the larger container, to force a burrow on the glass, and prevent collapsing)
Na, i got her set up, with enough substrate to burrow on one side, and a clay pot on the other that's partially buried.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Update on the B. Vagans, she is doing fine, was moving around in her container, and is now eating.. think she was just hiding from me, lol.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Update on the B. Vagans, she is doing fine, was moving around in her container, and is now eating.. think she was just hiding from me, lol.
P murinus are really cute as babies, I still don't want one tho much as I love your pics.

chance17455

3 Year Member
that must be awesome. i got my arizona desert tarantula today. im nervouse about touching him. any hints or advice? [he is from the wild]

Atx13

3 Year Member
that must be awesome. i got my arizona desert tarantula today. im nervouse about touching him. any hints or advice? [he is from the wild]
Are you trying to handle him? I dont really advise it, with any tarantula.. a fall of even 6" inches or so could really harm your little guy, i just cant justify the risk myself..
But if you really want to, nudge him with something soft to see how he reacts... if he gives you a threat display, runs, is overly jumpy or kicks hairs at you, best bet would be to let him be. If after nudging him a little, he just kinda walks away from it, you can try putting your hand down and nudging him on your hand( in his cage), and just letting him walk around on it.
Even in the event of him seeming docile doesn't guarantee you wont get bit...
Hope that helps, look forward to seeing some pics of your new T! :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

I agree 100% with ATX. If you do decide to handle , please , procede with caution. WC Ts can be unpredictible.

Latest posts