• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new B. vagans

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I had a tiny vagans sling a little while back that didn't make it. I was completely crushed. After much contemplation I stumbled upon a larger more established vagans and brought it home :) I'm so in love. He/she has eaten great and just molted recently. Now it's much darker and I can see the red "hairs" it's known for. It's beautiful. Hopefully I can get some better photos up soon! These photos were taken premolt.

84caf1924a5f3aa39304173cce1aa8bc.jpg

4c042f5f2898c657d0e647ff05fc4ff3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
nice! vagans was my first T, love this species! i remember when mine was that size, her attitude hasn't changed much lol.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've been seeing more of my little vagans lately, since it molted. Pretty little thing :)

fcea3d7a4a0e6e42baa667efbdb074cf.jpg

Dragging a mealworm dinner into the lair
f9cc907f1a6c90b80c3989dcfd7fb5a1.jpg

1f2298d70bb8120508404e2488b9483c.jpg

This little T cracks me up sometimes :)

As they get bigger you'll see them more. When I first got mine it was about 1/2" and stayed burrowed. Now its about 1.5" and isnt a skittish

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
As they get bigger you'll see them more. When I first got mine it was about 1/2" and stayed burrowed. Now its about 1.5" and isnt a skittish
I look forward to a bigger and braver vagans! He/she has colored up so much in just one molt. All I'm waiting for now is for it to get big enough for me to pick everyone's brain about the sex!

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I look forward to a bigger and braver vagans! He/she has colored up so much in just one molt. All I'm waiting for now is for it to get big enough for me to pick everyone's brain about the sex!

The one I have seems to molt once a month about the same time. If that's the case with yours. You should be able to tell in no time.:)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
1.5" or so DLS is where most of the Brachy's start to stay out in the open and when they really start to get the adult colors, or so i've noticed with all of mine ;)

Latest posts