• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My inverts (mostly tarantulas)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
20161208_085214.jpg

B klassi suspected female. This was when I was unboxing her.

20170115_082706.jpg

One of three T stirmi, 2 females one male, all around 8". Male is not mature yet.

20170227_130532.jpg

Ph. Sp green. Still haven't gotten the new phone yet :(

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Loving the species you pick, @MassExodus. :)
Thanks Casey :) I've got a few poecis but the old world ts are mostly hiders..not my cup of T really ;) I like the big terrestrial new worlds, and Enn has me fascinated with dwarfs. I just ordered a breeding pair of C bertae :D I want a ritae but cant seem to find any..or a MM platyoma to breed with the female you sold me. I'll have to do like everyone else and buy a few slings I guess:oops: I hear they're hard to breed anyway, so maybe its best if I wait..plus it's always nice to see growth rates and color changes. I wouldn't feel right without a few slings in my collection. :D

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks Casey :) I've got a few poecis but the old world ts are mostly hiders..not my cup of T really ;) I like the big terrestrial new worlds, and Enn has me fascinated with dwarfs. I just ordered a breeding pair of C bertae :D I want a ritae but cant seem to find any..or a MM platyoma to breed with the female you sold me. I'll have to do like everyone else and buy a few slings I guess:oops: I hear they're hard to breed anyway, so maybe its best if I wait..plus it's always nice to see growth rates and color changes. I wouldn't feel right without a few slings in my collection. :D
That's the way to go, Mass. I have a lead on some Ritae. The person that has them won't ship to the US, however, they are currently searching for someone that will. They have 2 adult females and x amount of slings. I'm buying him out, lol.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's the way to go, Mass. I have a lead on some Ritae. The person that has them won't ship to the US, however, they are currently searching for someone that will. They have 2 adult females and x amount of slings. I'm buying him out, lol.
I'll take both of the females:D
That is, by far, the most attractive dwarf, in my opinion..theres a lady on YouTube(sorry can't remember her name) that had a video of taking a sac from a female that was clutching it..I fell in love with the species right there. She was gorgeous, and would not let go of her sac. One of my favorite videos. What a great mom, and soooo pretty..

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'll take both of the females:D
That is, by far, the most attractive dwarf, in my opinion..theres a lady on YouTube(sorry can't remember her name) that had a video of taking a sac from a female that was clutching it..I fell in love with the species right there. She was gorgeous, and would not let go of her sac. One of my favorite videos. What a great mom, and soooo pretty..
Oh yeah ...They are gorgeous! Lol....Every female T that I've had to drop a sac for me has been that way....They'll fight tooth and nail for their babies. I love that about them. I believe balfouri nurturing is by far my favorite. The mom takes care of her babies even after they're 2i!! Love love love it!!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah despite my addiction to new worlds, the balfouri are very tempting, pretty and communal...I was looking at one a few hrs ago, lol! I've not seen enough successful communities of them to jump in the deep end yet..scorpions are often reported as communal...then the murders start..

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah despite my addiction to new worlds, the balfouri are very tempting, pretty and communal...I was looking at one a few hrs ago, lol! I've not seen enough successful communities of them to jump in the deep end yet..scorpions are often reported as communal...then the murders start..
Lol...Try a communal of N. incei. I had a huge communal setup of them. :) Worked pretty well for me. Mature males died off, of course, when it was their time but there were no signs of cannibalism. :) Beautiful display species, too.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's why you like my choices then, lmao, I ordered the bertae from someone who also had the olive incei, and I was considering a communal. Ive heard they do well communally..several times.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's why you like my choices then, lmao, I ordered the bertae from someone who also had the olive incei, and I was considering a communal. Ive heard they do well communally..several times.
I've got an AF H. incei gold and an immature male on the way. I'm gonna breed them and just keep them as a communal. :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And now, I have five spiders and still using the same crappy phone :D I have a nice phone coming tomorrow or tues. Bump for my massive five tarantula update. I've decided cutting down to five was too extreme. :D Im thinking ten is better. More to come.