• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My inverts (mostly tarantulas)

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm truly jealous, I've wanted a tailess whip scorpion forever. I saw one at a pet shop when I was visiting family up in NY... Too bad I couldn't sneak it aboard the plane lol.

Do you have any other tarantulas or scorpions you're planning to breed soon?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well I have gracilis babies, plus a c vittatus with babies on her back. I'll be breeding my adult sculpturatus, and my hentzi and margaritatus when they mature. I'm attempting my amblypigids as we speak, and my Hottentotta jayakari tomorrow:) I should have a lot going on soon.

Allison

3 Year Member
Also, just added 4 more vittatus I caught at work tonight..ill have to get a proper count when I rehouse. Those black light flashlights are sweet :) I wonder if there's any other sp of scorpions in my area..all I've ever seen are vittatus.

Soooo jealous!! I wish I lived in a locale that I could collect my own!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160605_19_15_00_Pro.jpg

H jayakari, I'm breeding these now. Can't wait for my margaritatas and junceus are mature..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160526_17_27_02_Pro.jpg

My aptly named red goblins. Rehousing was a damned fiasco. Do not buy them as feeders. They're perfect for arboreal tarantulas...buy something else. Lol. All I have to do is open the top and eight of them are crawling up my arm..cool pet arboreal sp though, they ain't scared of light.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love little markings on the scorplings
I hope they do as well as the gracilis. I've been reading a lot of threads about raising broods, apparently sometimes they all just die..One thread a guy said they all made it to4th instar and all died shortly thereafter..none of those threads were about vittatus though:) These are tough little guys. Gracilis were mentioned as being sometimes problematic, but at this point I'm just reading about other peoples opinions and experience. So far, I have over 20 babies thriving and about to be separated.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm going with the same theory I apply to all my inverts, proper sub for each sp, lots of cross vent, extra moisture for babies, proper hides/ climbs, and keeping my room at 78 daytime, 74 nightime. What bothers me about scorplings is no water dishes. So you have to pay more attention to feeding and flooding, or misting for dry sp. Adults all get dishes, but apparently scorplings are suicidal.. Btw, check this out. The south Texas scorpion roach mantis head. That's its scientific name...
WP_20160604_03_49_59_Pro.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's very neat looking though, what do they eat?

OK now,
scorplings can't have water dishes! Why??
Can they use the crystals?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
scorplings will drown very easy in them. Wait till about 4th instar for a dish. You'll often find adults actually in the water dish..im not sure why, I've seen them walk up and drink normally. Yeah, either mist them, flood one area, or provide a shallow rock filled dish they can walk through..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ive got cyaneus, i should skip more forrest scorps and breed some paucidens, or troglodytes. Really cool scorps. Or maybe little Opistho..hang on..Opisthacanthus sp. They seem unique.

Latest posts