• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My G pulchripes sling

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I've been waiting for an opportunity to get a picture of my little pulchripes to post, but the little guy (defaulting to male pronouns until proven otherwise) isn't very photogenic. He has a leg span of about 1 inch, though it doesn't look like it in the photo. Hopefully I can get some better photos soon! I put the container that he came home in inside his little enclosure. He was quite attached to it, so I couldn't bring myself to take it away from him. He seems happy in his little container, burrowing till his heart is content and exploring at night.

a7de5b216a904e306293c022b1537001.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

vin16

3 Year Member
got the same sling today but mine's quite small about half an inch or so..i dont have much information on how to take care of these guys..got the substrate moist but after 7hrs that ive got her (i used her because i think she's a female but still waiting for that conclusion)anyways i tried to feed her one small roach and she just fled from her prey..i dunno whats going on with her or shes just not used to me..got a little worried here..if you have some knowledge on how to keep them better it'd be a great help..thanks :)

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
Too big of a prey item might be seen as a threat instead of food. If you want to feed it live, go with pinhead crickets of you can find them. Otherwise, I'd just let them scavenge feed. I started breeding crickets so I'd have small enough pinheads for my little vagans sling. Care for tiny slings is pretty simple. I keep my little sling in the small container it was purchased in, offer food every 4 days, and don't handle it. I plan to keep that up until it's not so little anymore haha.

vin16

3 Year Member
Too big of a prey item might be seen as a threat instead of food. If you want to feed it live, go with pinhead crickets of you can find them. Otherwise, I'd just let them scavenge feed. I started breeding crickets so I'd have small enough pinheads for my little vagans sling. Care for tiny slings is pretty simple. I keep my little sling in the small container it was purchased in, offer food every 4 days, and don't handle it. I plan to keep that up until it's not so little anymore haha.

thanks for your reply..i now offered her one micro worm as they would want to call it..twa's small of a worm alright than my sling is but then she just passed it by like theres nothing moving in there..mine just transferred from a new enclosure coz that enclosure she came in with was way too small for her to roam around..do you think she's just getting used-to to her new home or just dont wanna eat? if she got a problem with her new enclosure what to do? she tried to raise her abdomen at me and i got her message and leave her be for a moment..you think id be good if a day or two id go check for her if shes hungry?

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
If you just relocated her, give her a chance to settle in. As with any living creature, moving can be a stressful experience. After a few days, try offering an appropriately sized food item, and go from there.

vin16

3 Year Member
If you just relocated her, give her a chance to settle in. As with any living creature, moving can be a stressful experience. After a few days, try offering an appropriately sized food item, and go from there.

thanks Eavlynn..twas a great help. still i want you and everybody to help me for taking care of my new baby..
Cheers!

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
My little pulchripes is growing right up! I moved "him" to a mini critter keeper after his last molt and he's having a hay day making burrows. He looks to be in premolt again, but is still eating regularly. I'm excited to see his growth after this upcoming molt!
Taken shortly after rehoming:
247bf3f5a7dc298a3265aa1c124470c1.jpg

A couple older photos:
6be1a1f7cefbf3dba8123f2925d386bf.jpg

0beeeb9765b6a14b002a1ef35eec3192.jpg