• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Enclosures

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh and six more on the way. All true spiders plus one black trapdoor species.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Rack 4 is 90% built. Had to order a custom shelf site on a remote web site. Used them before but they can take up to 12 weeks. Definitely will get some shots of it for everyone once they arrive seeing I have almost filled it up already. I do have three aquatic tanks set up there for water beetles if I can ever catch/find them.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
have a black widow? I can catch those in backyard :)

Good to know! Maybe next season. One of my new additions is a Laterodectus variolus (Northern Black Widow). That completes my widow collection as I already have a Southern, Red, Brown and Western. What type of widow lives in your yard. You may want to consider moving! ;)

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
Black Widow Spider
Latrodectus hesperus

Family: Theridiidae
Other common names: western black widow
Spanish name: viuda negra

All black with huge red hour glass.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very cool. I have a monstrous Western widow right now. They are gorgeous spiders.

amberkinn

3 Year Member
No words. I just joined this forum to ask a few questions about my first tarantula (I'm not too sure she is a rosie, but what do I know yet? ;)) and this set up is BEYOND amazing! Can't imagine the time and work that went into it. My "OCD" would kick in if I hadn't filled one square with an enclosure and the row wasn't finished. I can imagine going out and buying anything just to fill that spot, LOL.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Amberkin, Sounds like we have a lot in common. Had to fill each spot with the enclosures and they all had to be the exact same by shelf or my OCD would gnaw away at me until I finally broke down and replaced them. Then naturally had to fill the enclosures with T's and things ;). It was a TON of work and made lots of mistakes along the way that I have learned from. But I had a vision when I laid this out and it so great just soaking it all in every night enjoying it. Still waiting for my shelves for the 4th rack system. Welcome aboard btw!

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks. All of the electronics (lighting, misters, heat pads) are on timers. I emulate the natural sunlight pattern. Some of the UV lights actually have some other modes (i.e. cloudy, storms, etc.). Programming them has been a pain but now very low maintenance.

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Thats good to know cause I want plant live plants in mine the only problem is the feeder insects but working round that .

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I fell prey to the same temptation. I have them in all my arboreals and in some of the terrestrials. Adds to the work and complexity but it does add another element of "coolness" to the enclosure side. My biggest problem has been that they grow so darn fast inside the vivariums.....