• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Enclosures

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Decided to post this photo in the enclosures section as I had some interest in it on another thread. This was Phase 1 of my spider room. I am working on Rack System #4 now and these were the first two. More to come...

Enclosures_zps585f33a3.jpg

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol. I was waiting for someone to ask. Originally, when I got back into T's, I was fascinated with all the new technologies available for reptile keeping. Fancying myself as a closet scientist, I went to work establishing pinpoint temperature and humidity controls. The black "funnels" are actually mini-heat lamps. I found them to be less intense than the regular ones. In time, I realized that there were more negatives than positives using heat lamps and stopped using them for all buy my high temperature desert species (bottom row). Even then, they only run about four hours per day. But, when I removed them, something was missing in the overall appearance so I put them back on. Looks more "scientific" ;)

Now, I use heat elements under the tanks and augment with a whole room space heater (wish I would have thought of that originally!).

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not compared to some but it is all relative. I have more True Spiders than T's now. I have 25 scorpions, a Vinegaroon and a Windscorpion too. I am actually looking to add a few more T species in the next month or so thanks to photos and stories from this forum. But then, I am out of space COMPLETELY. I have actually said that before but creatively find more as needed but this time I mean it! :)

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks! Waiting for some parts to arrive for rack #4 and will send lots of photos including my custom trapdoor stuff.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks guys. In a couple of weeks, I will finish up photographing the room. I have one last rack I am working on and two more custom trapdoor enclosures en route.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks! You are well on your way by being on this forum. It happens faster than you think ;)

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
Decided to post this photo in the enclosures section as I had some interest in it on another thread. This was Phase 1 of my spider room. I am working on Rack System #4 now and these were the first two. More to come...

Enclosures_zps585f33a3.jpg

Amazing I'm Jelly. I have more T's i believe but you make it looks awesome. I wish I had the space to do something of this caliber. and the funds. Least now I have something to shoot for. Probably going to have to wait until i have a house with an extra room. Make it combo Computer/spider room. Definitely bonus points in my book. Looking forward to seeing Rack #4

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Amazing I'm Jelly. I have more T's i believe but you make it looks awesome. I wish I had the space to do something of this caliber. and the funds. Least now I have something to shoot for. Probably going to have to wait until i have a house with an extra room. Make it combo Computer/spider room. Definitely bonus points in my book. Looking forward to seeing Rack #4

I had a specific list of T's I went after for my collection. But, I also have scorpions, true and primitive spiders. Just counted up the collection and I am close to 80 inverts. The shelving is expensive but I wanted something extremely sturdy that would never collapse or fall down. I would have to move :eek:! I also wanted the wheels so I could do maintenance easier and have access to both front and back of the enclosures. And, yes, this was originally my den/computer room. Too boring so it needed lots of spiders to spice things up ;). Handy as I can record all of my feedings, molts, etc on the computer right there.

Latest posts