• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My emperor scorpion Night

khatchet

3 Year Member
100213154323.jpg

TJB13

3 Year Member
I love emperors. Just had a Gravid female give birth. Second time for me. Small clutch this time, only 8 when I separated them from their mother. Maybe some cannabalism? Or just a small clutch. First one had 21, I have 13 left from that clutch. Kept them communally most of their lives. I always want more.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I used to live in Alabama, there were scorpions everywhere and I enjoyed keeping them. One of them surprised me by having babies the day after capture. Unfortunately, I didn't know what crickets were capable of and all of the baby scorpions were lost to those evil insects. :( But on the whole my scorpion-keeping adventures were pretty successful. Eventually I released them. I haven't seen a wild scorpion since we left AL, or I would definitely still keep them.

Night looks lovely! :)

TJB13

3 Year Member
That's too bad about the youngsters. I'm feeding them tiny crickets that don't stand a chance. There are no scorpions here, but I think there's a species in southern alberta by the US/CAN border. It would be cool to see scorpions in the wild.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great beginner scorpion species! I have two males living together communally. They are the only scorps/T's I would risk that with. They are very docile. Once in awhile I will find them laying together in one of the caves. Nothing cooler than an all black scorpion. Enjoy.

khatchet

3 Year Member
She is mean if you put your hand by her she will sting you. Tried to tell people i wasnt stiking my hand in there she had her tail up. So they did and the monnet they did got stung. So she is not like most of her kind.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah, mines def feisty as hell...but mines not an Emperor, how is it's temperament? My Asian Forest Scorpion looks like an Emperor, jet black, awesome, but man she's aggressive.

My Asian Forest is fairly aggressive as well. Quite active for a scorpion too (unlike my Emperors) which is a great change of pace.

khatchet

3 Year Member
I wish mine was calm but i would be more worried about it sting, then my obt biting, and my obt would bite me if it ever had the chance to.

khatchet

3 Year Member
Yeah I miss my Rose. And the biting i was ready for when I got it so i havnt been bite yet. Hoping no time soon, but cage update is soon so I have to get into its borrow so we will see.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Your Rose was cool, wild personality. My Scorpion is turning out to be the kicking water in its dish type, lol. GL with the cage cleaning, I have yet to be bit or stung...I hope it never happens. Im not afraid of it, Im more afraid of just being startled.

khatchet

3 Year Member
Cool ill chech them out in a bit. And year the tank update should be fun. I have had it out for cleaning before tho and didnt get bit.

Latest posts