• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My current snakes

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I try not to support block petstores. Idk how it is over in the uk, but here there's reports of alot of the animals they get the supplier. The supplier doesnt treat the animals well.

There are some good and bad in the UK too. I never bought a Corn Snake from a pet shop, my first was from a couple who just didn't want her any more and put an ad in the paper and all the rest I bought direct from breeders. We have 2 shops in York that are part of the same big chain, one has a really bad reputation but the one I use for frozen rats is great, clean and all the animals are well cared for.

Marija

3 Year Member
I'll have to look, they are mixed up in my social media accounts. I should really be more organized with them. also Lost alot due to phones breaking on me . didnt see much reptiles this past year unfortunately. Mostly have flowers or wild mushrooms on this phone,haha. But I do have a photo of a snapping turtle i ran into.View attachment 22010
Those turtles are badass :D

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
I try not to support block petstores. Idk how it is over in the uk, but here there's reports of alot of the animals they get the supplier. The supplier doesnt treat the animals well.
yea and sadly a poor breeder of t's, snakes or any reptile never gets any attention.. all you see on the tv is "puppy mills" or "crazy cat lady"... those are awful as well but we need those in our hobby brought to justice as well

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There are some good and bad in the UK too. I never bought a Corn Snake from a pet shop, my first was from a couple who just didn't want her any more and put an ad in the paper and all the rest I bought direct from breeders. We have 2 shops in York that are part of the same big chain, one has a really bad reputation but the one I use for frozen rats is great, clean and all the animals are well cared for.
I originally got my BP from one and used them for frozen feeders for a while. but now i order my feeders online to save myself some money and time.my bp when i first got him he had a stuck eye cap. I thought he was just blind in one eye at first which didnt make a differnce to me still enjoyed him and as long as he was fit other wise it wasnt a bother to me . Then realize It was a stuck cap which i ended up helping remove. Ive seen some good pet shops but they are independently owned.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Those turtles are badass :D
Nice sizs one to. I'd say atleast 8"from front of shell to the back. It was very relaxed I'm guessing it was used to being around people since it didnt try to move or get defensive. When i was not even a foot away from it when taking that photo. That was my first time seeing one in nature.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yea and sadly a poor breeder of t's, snakes or any reptile never gets any attention.. all you see on the tv is "puppy mills" or "crazy cat lady"... those are awful as well but we need those in our hobby brought to justice as well
No animal should be mistreated. But since insects reptiles,and amphibians keepers are looked at as being "weird" by the mainstream they dont get the public justice . The only time its mainly public is when they are trying to take animals from us from collecting by trying to ban animals.

Marija

3 Year Member
Nice sizs one to. I'd say atleast 8"from front of shell to the back. It was very relaxed I'm guessing it was used to being around people since it didnt try to move or get defensive. When i was not even a foot away from it when taking that photo. That was my first time seeing one in nature.
I know they get mean so you were quite lucky to get so close to one :)