• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My B.Emila (firefinch)

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpg
Hi guys/girls.
So I bought my B.Emilia back on the 29th of November (14) and I've only seen her 3 times since owning Her but tonight see has decided to make an appearance ..this isn't normal behaviour for her.

Thanks for stopping by
Sym

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She looks great. They can be so frustrating when they hide away.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I watched her feed last night for the first time since having her. She jumped half her own body length up the back wall to grab a cricket . Very impressed .. I will be ordering more of the bracy genus. Undecided which 1 is next ..

Sym

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've just ordered a B.Auratum sling from Bristol tarantulas.. :)

Sym

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Beautiful! :) I just seen my little b. smithi for the secon time since i got her a little over a week ago. She let me see her for a minute. darted back in her burrow and closed it up again.....little rip.lol

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Entity . My B.Emilia is my biggest T at 3-3.5 inch DSL. Since cleaning out her enclosure and adding more substrate I haven't seen much of her. I'm sure she will come out when she's ready. I will post more pics when she's next out..

Sym

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Entity . My B.Emilia does the same thing. 2 days after getting her she blocked off her entrance and didn't see her in weeks.i didn't even noticed she had moulted until I found some old moult bits in the substrate. My little G.Pulchripes is doing the same.haven't seen that for a few weeks now.

Sym

SpiderHouseRules

3 Year Member
Thanks for posting a picture of your B. emilia. I have two that I got in a trade about a year ago and as of their last molts they are starting to show their coloring. Mine are about 2.5-3" and have just developed the same coloring as yours.

If I can remember right Stan Schultz had an adult female Emilia as a pet and put pictures of her in his book.

Latest posts