• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My B. boehmei did something strange.

Allthingsterrarium

3 Year Member
Hey everybody! I've had October, my little 3 inch Mexican fireleg for a little over two months now and I'm still pretty new to tarantulas. I checked on him almost an hour ago as I'm writing this and he doesn't seem to be doing it anymore, he crawled up the glass like he usually does but before that he was sitting in a corner and it could have just been moisture from the light misting I gave the keeper last night but he appeared to be, for lack of a better term, drooling a little bit of venom. It seemed to thick to be water and might have had an amber tinge but I'm not sure. Is this something they do? Is it normal to quote on quote drool venom? I just put him in a tupperware container while I cleaned his critter keeper the other day and then put him back in it. He did not like that series of events at all and it seemed to make him nervous and slightly mad. That's the first cage cleaning I've done for him so far as he is very clean. Could he just have been stressed from that?

Latest posts