• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My B. Albicepts has made a run for it!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yea I know what you mean I have a list of wants for this hobby and most are pokies ATM hehehe. Wow a P. Metallica that's one on my list! Bet yours is pretty :) I love my striata she's out in view for me to see almost all the Time. I have thought for some time now that she was hungry looking for food or didn't like how small her tank was but even after feedings and an upgrade to a 10x10x12 tank she's still out on the side or on top of her hide for me to see like "welcome home mom"
That's awesome. I wish my regalis was like that. My metallica is fine as long as I don't touch her cage, she's always out in the open. The regalis are just black, grey and white but I find them gorgeous, very clean patterns. Right now mine is more beautiful than the metallica in my opinion, but that could be just because I have to be up really late just to see her, or get a look right when I wake up, cause as soon as the light comes on, she's gone :( A breeder I know has several adults, his stay out constantly, they're as bold as any spider I've ever seen. You walk in his T room and there's like 15 huge pokies on the left, all right there on display. He keeps his room very warm though, I believe it's why they do that. Just a theory though :)

elektragrl

3 Year Member
That's awesome. I wish my regalis was like that. My metallica is fine as long as I don't touch her cage, she's always out in the open. The regalis are just black, grey and white but I find them gorgeous, very clean patterns. Right now mine is more beautiful than the metallica in my opinion, but that could be just because I have to be up really late just to see her, or get a look right when I wake up, cause as soon as the light comes on, she's gone :( A breeder I know has several adults, his stay out constantly, they're as bold as any spider I've ever seen. You walk in his T room and there's like 15 huge pokies on the left, all right there on display. He keeps his room very warm though, I believe it's why they do that. Just a theory though :)
Lol maybe this is just me but I think that the contrast colors of white and black is bold and beautiful in its own majestic way :) I really just love the way they move and how most do like a happy dance after a take down. (It's really in how you see the Tarantula as to how much of the beauty you see) wow 15 huge pokies :eek: that's really cool :) well then maybe I have just made Mrs. Tibs really happy lol.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The most beautiful pokies IMO are ornata, subfusca, and rufilata. Metallica is pretty, but I do feel they're a bit overrated. There are prettier looking blue tarantulas out there I feel.

Latest posts