• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mug shots

Adraps11

3 Year Member
Ryan.jpg

A self Portrait from 2009. My second try at portraiture.
not bad......

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 24355

A self Portrait from 2009. My second try at portraiture.
not bad......
Very good my friend. I like to get the pencil out every now and again. Will try and dig some out.
Found some....(not of me thankfully) pet portraits incl a Brachypelma emelia lol.
20160210_081709.jpg
20160210_081733-1.jpg
20160210_081636.jpg
20160210_081724.jpg

Last edited:

Adraps11

3 Year Member
Very good my friend. I like to get the pencil out every now and again. Will try and dig some out.
Found some....(not of me thankfully) pet portraits incl a Brachypelma emelia lol.View attachment 24356 View attachment 24357 View attachment 24358 View attachment 24359
Very nice! I LOVE the brachy! What medium do you use primarily? I've been drawing and painting dark stuff from my imagination for the past few years, but many people have told me to go back to my roots. As a kid I would obsessively sketch every type of insect or Arachnid that I could find. My freshly molted G. pulchripes would make a great oil pastel drawing.
ugghhh! lol I currently have a huge black and white Maine Coon Cat Noisily yelling/meowing up at me, wanting his soft food. He was my alarm clock today!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very nice! I LOVE the brachy! What medium do you use primarily? I've been drawing and painting dark stuff from my imagination for the past few years, but many people have told me to go back to my roots. As a kid I would obsessively sketch every type of insect or Arachnid that I could find. My freshly molted G. pulchripes would make a great oil pastel drawing.
ugghhh! lol I currently have a huge black and white Maine Coon Cat Noisily yelling/meowing up at me, wanting his soft food. He was my alarm clock today!
Thank you and I am really jealous of people who can draw from their head. ....I can only work from stills :(
I mainly use coloured pastel pencils or just normal pencils. Not done any for years now as just can't seem to find the time anymore. Really miss not drawing though as very therapeutic.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
actually that was a compliment for the opposite ;) but since i had to explain it i guess i was too subtle lol
Oh I got your compliment and understood very well what you meant, lol. I was being sarcastic. :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh I got your compliment and understood very well what you meant, lol. I was being sarcastic. :)
i should take more time to read these posts i guess :p they canned my co-worker 2 weeks ago, i'm still trying to catch up from that. Doesn't leave much time for forum browsing. Figure another week and everything they slacked off on will be settled and back on track, then i'll be the dirty almost-old man lurker again ;)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
i should take more time to read these posts i guess :p they canned my co-worker 2 weeks ago, i'm still trying to catch up from that. Doesn't leave much time for forum browsing. Figure another week and everything they slacked off on will be settled and back on track, then i'll be the dirty almost-old man lurker again ;)

Lol.

Latest posts