• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moulting?

87GN

3 Year Member
My LP burrowed Monday and blocked off one of the ends of the hide,she seems to come out only in the evening and early morning. Is this normal?
Just a update,woke up this morning and she close the other end.if she is going into molt how long will this take and what should I do?What is the best way to keep the humdity at the proper level,she is housed in a 20 gallon long tank.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
how large is your LP? They don't usually barricade themselves to moult, might just be hiding.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My LP burrowed Monday and blocked off one of the ends of the hide,she seems to come out only in the evening and early morning. Is this normal?
Just a update,woke up this morning and she close the other end.if she is going into molt how long will this take and what should I do?What is the best way to keep the humdity at the proper level,she is housed in a 20 gallon long tank.
Hope she is ok. Keep us updated

87GN

3 Year Member
She is appprox 4 inch.I relocated her to her new home the Saturday before she did this.I will keep you updated.Thanks

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok, she's probably a little uncomfortable. new home and all.
a 20 gallon tank really isn't a good enclosure for her. It's too big, and you really can't maintain any humidity in it. I'd suggest getting her into a sterilite/rubbermaid tub.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A 12" square would be great. or, if you happen to have a "the container store" by you. Their sweater boxes are great, and pretty clear too.

Latest posts