• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Molting questions

Nastyjabs

3 Year Member
Hey guys,
So I've done a bunch of research on tarantulas in premolt and was hoping someone can help clear things up. I have an aphonopemla chalcodes and an aphonopemla hentzi that both seem ready to burst lol. The only problem is that I've been expecting them to molt for weeks now. I'll attach pics to help make things clearer. I've owned both of these tarantulas since October and they've yet to molt for me. I know these guys are slow growing but my sling hasn't even molted and it's only about 1". They both get fed once a week and only the sling will occasionally skip a meal here and there. It's almost like it's on a 2 week schedule and I'm feeding it 1 micro cricket. Is there anything else I should be doing? Any help would be greatly appreciated! FYI, the larger aphonopemla chalcodes always comes out for a stroll when I open its container. That's why he/
DSC_1229.JPG
DSC_1229.JPG
DSC_1230.JPG
DSC_1227.JPG
DSC_1232.JPG
she's in my hand for the pics.

Latest posts