• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mole Cricket

Ratmosphere

3 Year Member
My friend found this in his house. Never seen anything like this before! So awesome.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are pests for gardeners. U usually dont see them they r underground most of the time. hence the name i guess. lol...i need a dead specimen one of these guys.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah they will.play hell with your lawn too. Just chew through everything. I rarely see them since I've been in central alabama hun. If by chance I see one I'll snag it for you. Saw way more in Florida. Every time we edged the lawn or planted seems like there were a couple.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah they will.play hell with your lawn too. Just chew through everything. I rarely see them since I've been in central alabama hun. If by chance I see one I'll snag it for you.
Yeah i hardly ever see them either...thanks for being on the look out though! :)

Ratmosphere

3 Year Member
I was so happy that I got to see one of these creatures. I wanted to keep it but wasn't sure on how to care for it.

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
I was so happy that I got to see one of these creatures. I wanted to keep it but wasn't sure on how to care for it.

Well next time you see one remember:
Deep substrate
Soft bodied live prey
Plant roots like carrots
And you could try feeding them dog food as well.
Those are all the care components I would suggest, hope you are able to keep one!

Latest posts