• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

micheldied's picture thread

micheldied

3 Year Member
Ha! Excellent. Like the song too :D

Thanks!

Not a T today.

8" Scolopendra cf. galapagoensis
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_00222.jpg
DSC_00242.jpg

Plus a handling vid.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
safer to handle when they r preoccupied with food it would seem....lol ....very cool!

micheldied

3 Year Member
safer to handle when they r preoccupied with food it would seem....lol ....very cool!

Definitely safer. This one was chewing on everything from the time I got it at the dealer's place, it was noticeably hungry. I'm going to attempt handling it without feeding first soon. There was a point though, in the video, where the pede didn't have the roach and I was stroking it near the head.

Last edited:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Definitely safer. This one was chewing on everything from the time I got it at the dealer's place, it was noticeably hungry. I'm going to attempt handling it without feeding first soon. There was a point though, in the video, where the pede didn't have the roach and I was stroking it near the head.
hmm...more power to ya. :) be careful huh!

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Quite a hair-raiser photo you got there! Unlike Ts and scorps, centipedes gives me the creeps. :(

micheldied

3 Year Member
This Poecilotheria metallica the second T I've lost in my entire time in the hobby (nearly ten years) that wasn't to old age. Got stuck in its molt in an awkward position.
Sucks, because this was a female too. Oh well, can't let it go to waste. Time to get a couple of new slings.
13312657_1046577715430002_8731094886855560151_n.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This Poecilotheria metallica the second T I've lost in my entire time in the hobby (nearly ten years) that wasn't to old age. Got stuck in its molt in an awkward position.
Sucks, because this was a female too. Oh well, can't let it go to waste. Time to get a couple of new slings.
View attachment 16756
Sorry to hear it bud...that's a tough one to lose..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah, paid the same for mine. Not bad for such a pretty Poeci, id pay it again:) I've got another versicolor acting somewhat strange..not sure if its serious yet though. She dived on a lateralis and looked clumsy, and sat there for a minute after she missed like she had the roach..no mites, great cross vent, big fresh water dish. She's not webbing either..versi almost always web..meh, avics are weirdos, she's probably fine. You should buy two more metallica;)

micheldied

3 Year Member
Yeah, paid the same for mine. Not bad for such a pretty Poeci, id pay it again:) I've got another versicolor acting somewhat strange..not sure if its serious yet though. She dived on a lateralis and looked clumsy, and sat there for a minute after she missed like she had the roach..no mites, great cross vent, big fresh water dish. She's not webbing either..versi almost always web..meh, avics are weirdos, she's probably fine. You should buy two more metallica;)

Exactly what I'm planning to do; get a 1.1 pair of P. metallica. But I've spent enough for now, as I have a ton of amblypygids coming.

Here's something to lighten things up a little. Freshly molted (3 days) H. pulchripes.

DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0013 (2).JPG

Last edited:

micheldied

3 Year Member
Here's the last pic I got of the H. pulchripes before I sold it, and the Chicken Spiders to Jon3800. I will definitely be owning a few of these again in the future.

DSC_0004 (2).JPG

micheldied

3 Year Member
It's been a while. These aren't Ts, but it's my picture thread! (I'll get T pics soon, I don't have many left.)

Heterophrynus batesii
DSC_0012.JPG

Female Phrynus longipes with eggs.
DSC_0051.JPG
DSC_0048312312.jpg

Damon medius female.
DSC_00451323.jpg

Freshly molted Damon diadema.
DSC_00311332.jpg

Eurphrynichus bacillifer.
DSC_0033.JPG

Acanthoprhynus coronatus.
DSC_003621312.jpg

Extremely tiny! Charinus israelensis.
DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG

Blaberus giganteus nymphs.
DSC_0002.JPG

micheldied

3 Year Member
Man, your Amblypygi collection is drool worthy, very nice!
Wait..you sold the chicken spiders? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thanks, but nothing close to some other collectors! I'd have way more species if I didn't have these space constraints. Yeah, I sold the Chicken Spiders, but you can still see updates on them on Jon3800's channel (I may have gotten his username wrong). I had to sell them to make space for other things.