• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mexico number1 with number of Ts

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cool article, but there may be a misquote in there..
"
In captivity a tarantula can live for up to 30 years. Sexual maturity is reached on average at eight years and a female can have up to 1,000 young per breeding cycle.

“However, only one of these will reach the adult stage,” Orozco Torres says. “A female that lives 30 years will have approximately eight or nine babies that grow into adults.”

Um, no?

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
"
In captivity a tarantula can live for up to 30 years. Sexual maturity is reached on average at eight years and a female can have up to 1,000 young per breeding cycle.

“However, only one of these will reach the adult stage,” Orozco Torres says. “A female that lives 30 years will have approximately eight or nine babies that grow into adults.”

Um, no?
giphy.gif

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
"

Um, no?
i scratched my head on that one also. where'd he get his info? how did he track the 1000 young? lol do the Brachy's have that many? i thought they only had an average of about 400. total fluff to drag out the article.