• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mexican red knee tank

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
You sure its a she? It looks too leggy to me suggesting a male that hasn't had hooks yet
Really hoping its a she as she was sold to me as a she just over a yr ago, woman i bought her off said she was 6yrs old. If i take a pic of the underneath of her moult i kept, could you be able to sex it? I can never tell no matter how many times i look at other peoples pics of theirs

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
If its a man i might put him out to stud, id love a few red knee slings in return if it was successful. Never thought about breeding her as a her coz cant find anyone with males near me

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How big is your red knee ? Can you get a picture of its belly ? I don't think we could tell from a picture of the skin you would need to open the skin and look for spermathacea.

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
From tip of front foot to tip of back foot its just under 7" shes hiding behind log atm so will take pic later when she comes out. I still cant get over the lil moo escaping and hiding in back of the fridge the other month

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It does look leggy but might be female. I'm sure you will find a mate for it wether its male or female.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
To answer your original question "Does anyone keep live plants .."
Yes I have full vivarium for my T stirmi, and will be building one for a M balfouri communal very soon.

20131219_080401.jpg

20130717_155756.jpg

Latest posts