• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Member signiture modifications

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We have noticed many members have excessively long signature blocks. The community guidelines state signature blocks should be no more than 5 lines, or 120pxl, total. A line or two over is not really a problem, but some signatures are well over 10 lines, some even over 20 lines.
Please take some time to look at your signature and make the necessary adjustments. This helps to keep the focus on the content of the posts.
You might consider starting a thread to cover the content of your signature.

Thank you

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We have noticed many members have excessively long signature blocks. The community guidelines state signature blocks should be no more than 5 lines, or 120pxl, total. A line or two over is not really a problem, but some signatures are well over 10 lines, some even over 20 lines.
Please take some time to look at your signature and make the necessary adjustments. This helps to keep the focus on the content of the posts.

Thank you

So like a "Is my signature okay?" thread just for members to use when they're checking to make sure that their sig meets the guidelines? If so, I think that's a great idea. It'd probably be easiest if we just created a single thread for all members to use.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No. More like some members listing their entire collection in their signature, that should be a thread. Some members keepIng molt records in their signature, that should be a thread.
No need to "check if my signature is ok".
Just count to 5 and end your signature there.
We aren't going to go looking for signatures that are too long, but if we run across them we will ask the member to make an adjustment.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No. More like some members listing their entire collection in their signature, that should be a thread. Some members keepIng molt records in their signature, that should be a thread.
No need to "check if my signature is ok".
Just count to 5 and end your signature there.
Ah okay. That sounds like a good idea still.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
good idea. Maybe a new sections should be made for that so they're easy to find and not lost in the general section.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm just bumping this to give people chance to amend their sigs.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I get the changing our sigs to meet the 5 lines or under. But changing them for us after we've met that requirement? And not bothering to let us know you're chaning our sig for us when we're here active on the boards as you do it?

You gotta give us some freedom of expression here....

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I get the changing our sigs to meet the 5 lines or under. But changing them for us after we've met that requirement? And not bothering to let us know you're chaning our sig for us when we're here active on the boards as you do it?

You gotta give us some freedom of expression here....

Scoolman said "We aren't going to go looking for signatures that are too long, but if we run across them we will ask the member to make an adjustment".

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm fine with that. A notification would have been nice though :)

I posted a thread then looked at another and saw my sig and was like WTF is going on? lol

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

I posted a thread then looked at another and saw my sig and was like WTF is going on? lol
My apologies. I had done a few others as well, and lost track of who I messaged and who I did not.

syzygy

3 Year Member

FWIW Kormath, your signature links do not seem to be working...is that just me?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Thank you
Hi, I was about to start listing my collectiin when I noticed your announcement. So following an approah from @RedCapTrio, I have posted a thread with a list and then (hopefully) put a link to the list and my album in my signature. Is this the right thing to do?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, I was about to start listing my collectiin when I noticed your announcement. So following an approah from @RedCapTrio, I have posted a thread with a list and then (hopefully) put a link to the list and my album in my signature. Is this the right thing to do?
Links don't appear to work?