• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Melanolestes picipes

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@MassExodus u guys dont have them? my basement is crawling with them! i like having them around, like vanessa said. they eat problem insects

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OK someone tell me how hard are those centipedes to keep and can you keep them communilly...no I'm.not going to look at BS net care sheets.

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Haha, yea house centipedes are pretty cool, if I ever come across some I'll be grabbing them for sure!

Here are some pictures of the M.picipes eggs:

M.picipesegg%25231.JPG

M.picipesegg%25232.JPG

M.picipesegg%25233.JPG

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha, yea house centipedes are pretty cool, if I ever come across some I'll be grabbing them for sure!

Here are some pictures of the M.picipes eggs:

M.picipesegg%25231.JPG

M.picipesegg%25232.JPG

M.picipesegg%25233.JPG
How large are their eggs?
Just wondering if they can be easily seen. Looks almost like an sea anemone.

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Oh wow, they look like they're flowering. Very cool.

Yeah, they are really cool! They sorta look like mini octopuses to me. :p

How large are their eggs?
Just wondering if they can be easily seen. Looks almost like an sea anemone.

They are about 3-4 mm long, they are pretty noticeable if you dig through the top layer of substrate.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wonder how house centipedes would do in the mail. they seem pretty delicate. whenever i did catch some their legs just start to freaking fall off. and @MassExodus i find little pedes under my trash can all the time outside. if i can get one ill see about catching it for ya if u want. lol too bad we live so far apart i feel like we could go on a hillbilly bug hunt!!!

Latest posts