• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Kable

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He's looking good and will grow much quicker now he's on fuzzies. Dumerils are lovely snakes.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
20170209_195749.jpg
Me and my buddy on this wicked snowy day, with flash.
20170209_195828.jpg
Close up of his adorable head, without flash so his true colors.
@Enn49 @Tomoran @Kymura @kormath @Hisserdude
All long from tip to tip he's about 2.5 feet now.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
In that case give him a couple more fuzzy feeds then get him onto small mice. Small mice will be no problem for him and they contain more calcium to help him grow.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
In that case give him a couple more fuzzy feeds then get him onto small mice. Small mice will be no problem for him and they contain more calcium to help him grow.
Ah! Makes sense and thanks for the tip. It takes him and little longer to pass the fuzzies but I will definitely move him up as soon as possible :)

Daniel Gann

3 Year Member
Nice coloration , Was he tame when you got him ?
A friend of mine whats me to come get his California King that he hasn't had very long due to the fact that he isn't tame LOL !
I told him that you have to handle these guys to tame them ! I guess he is to afraid. :cool:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They will soon get used to being handled just begin handling a couple of days after feeding, they are very food orientated and may strike if hungry.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Um, sort of? He wasn't and still isn't nippy. I've held him about once a week (sometimes once every two weeks), but he is sassy. He will ball up as if a python, and the other day when I was holding him he shook his tail at me but he's never tried to nip or bite me. He tends to musk instead. I obtained him as a baby, just a few months old probably back in June.

Daniel Gann

3 Year Member
The little guy my friend has is very defensive but I'm sure its because he still very small and frightened.
He snaps and snaps until you hold him for a few minutes and yes he musk also.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Probably. Its after this second shed that mine has calmed down some. I was afraid to hold him at first, but I watched a bunch of Brian Barcyzk's vlogs and how he handled and grabbed his snakes and now its easier for me and I am not so afraid of handling mine.

Latest posts