• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mature Male Grammostola Rosea

Roy S Smith III

3 Year Member
I have a Male Grammostola Rosea who just mat molted last night. He is very healthy and of course doesnt have long to live (Relatively of course) I would like to use him if at all possible. Does anyone require a male for mating? Worst case, I would consider purchasing a Mature Confirmed Female to continue his lineage. As soon as he is dry, I will attach some pictures. Thanks

Last edited:

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
I'm sure someone will want to borrow him. Just a side note though, G rosea males can live several years post molt. I had one that lived 3 years past his ultimate molt. He passed trying to perform a post ultimate molt. I know someone who has one that is 4 years past his ultimate molt. Just thought I'd share that since you mentioned he didn't have long. :)

Roy S Smith III

3 Year Member
Thanks :) my friend and fellow expert had me all hyped up on their short life. Of course I use the relative term but I would like 3 to 4 years. He is a good T and pleasant to have around. I am willing to lend him out to any who may want to use him provided they take good care ;-) they are my family. Thanks for the reply tgirl1010

Latest posts